|Head of Department (Covering)||Ms Jasmine Liu|
|Primary 3 and Primary 4 Science Teachers||Mdm Dewi
Mrs Iris Lim (Level Rep P3)
Mr Saleem (Level Rep P4)
Ms Winnie Goh
|Primary 5 and Primary 6 Science Teachers||Ms Jasmine Liu
Mdm Liz Ang
Mdm Jamilah (Level Rep P5)
Mdm Siti Aminah (Level Rep P6)
Mdm Sharifah Maryam
Mdm Lee Woei Yann
Mr Royston Neo
Department Vision and Objectives
- To Explore & Engage
- To Think
- To Innovate & Apply
- To provide an avenue for pupils to develop a passion for Science.
- To develop pupils’ skills, habits of mind and attitudes for scientific inquiry.
- To nurture pupils as inquirers through arousing their interest and curiosity about their environment.
- To allow pupils to better understand themselves and the world around them through the learning of Science.
MOE’s Science Curriculum Framework
- MOE Primary Science Syllabus (implemented in 2014 for P3 cohort)
- The Primary Science Syllabus aims to:
- provide students with experiences which build on their interest in and stimulate their curiosity about their environment;
- provide students with basic scientific terms and concepts to help them understand themselves and the world around them;
- provide students with opportunities to acquire skills, habits of mind the attitudes necessary for scientific inquiry;
- prepare students towards using scientific knowledge and methods in making personal decisions; and
- help students appreciate how science influences people and the environment.
|P1 and P2
|P3 and P4
|P5 and P6
Science Learning Journeys
Science Learning Journeys provide an experiential and authentic out-of-classroom learning experience for our students.
Our P1 and P2 students visit the Singapore Science Centre and engage in hands-on activities workshop to learn more about the garden habitat (P1) and the world of tools (P2). These experiences concretise what they learn in the STELLAR curriculum and piques their curiosity about Science and the world around them, before they start learning Science at P3.
Our P3 students visit the Singapore Zoo, where they get to witness different animals, including endangered animals, and learn more about the animals’ lifestyles and efforts to conserve them. This learning experiences also paves the way as they embark on P3 Project Work to advocate for the conservation of animals.
Our P5 students visit the Marina Barrage where they will learn more about the Singapore Water Story and visit the Sustainable Singapore Gallery to learn how they can play a part to create a liveable and sustainable Singapore.
Our P6 students visit the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve where they will get to explore the rich biodiversity and learn more about the ecosystem in a mangrove forest.
Science Enrichment and Science Carnival
The Science Enrichment (P4) and Science Carnival (P5) serve to bring Science to life, stretching the learning of students in Science and sparking their curiosity about the environment they live in. Through Science Demonstrations, Group Work and Experiments, students get to apply Science concepts in a hands-on manner to real life context. This include application of electricity, heat, light, forces and animal interactions. Students also get to witness exciting phenomena that is caused by Science.
Project Green and Project Clean Plate
Project Green and Project Clean Plate are whole-school programmes that encourage teachers and students to practise the ‘3 Rs’ (reduce, reuse and recycle).
Staff and students are encouraged to recycle papers, electronic waste and tetra paks in school via Project Green. For Project Clean Plate, all students play a part in influencing their peers to reduce their food waste and to recycle excess food and fruit peels through composting. Our compost are also packed and distributed to the community.
Environmental Awareness Week
Our annual Environmental Awareness Week provides an opportunity for students to learn more about how they can protect their environment through concrete actions. Assembly talks will focus on environmental issues and students will participate in recess activities where our Science Club and Green leaders will lead the school in engaging activities to pledge their support to protect the environment.