|Head of Department||Mdm Zuraida Akbar|
|Subject Head||Mr Shawn Yeo|
|Lead Teacher||Mdm Ng Lay See|
|Senior Teachers||Mrs Pauline Ng|
|Learning Support for Mathematicsematics (LSM) Coordinator||Mrs Ravi|
|Primary 1||Mrs Ravi
Ms Audrey Chin
Mdm Tuty Atiqah (Level Rep 1)
Mrs Loh SM (Level Rep 2)
|Primary 2||Ms Esther Wong (Level Rep 1)
Mdm Nursuriati (Level Rep 2)
Mdm Zuraida Akbar
|Primary 3||Mdm Nadiah (Level Rep 1)
Mdm Shamana (Level Rep 2)
|Primary 4||Mr Haniffa (Level Rep 1)
Mdm Nurhidayah (Level Rep 2)
|Primary 5||Mr Royston Neo (Level Rep)
Mrs Tan Pei Shan
|Primary 6||Mdm Ng Lay See (Level Rep )
Mdm Siti Nuraishah (P5/6 FMA)
Mr Shawn Yeo
- Every Child and Every Teacher A Creative Problem Solver
- To develop confidence, enjoyment and motivation in the learning of Mathematics.
- To develop skills in communicating mathematical ideas logically.
- To develop creative and critical thinkers who will be able to solve problems in assessments and in life.
Primary Mathematics Framework
The Primary Mathematics Syllabus aims to enable all students to:
- acquire mathematical concepts and skills for everyday use and for continuous learning in Mathematics.
- develop thinking, reasoning, communication, application and meta-cognitive skills through a mathematical approach to problem-solving.
- build confidence and foster interest in Mathematics.
YN Mathematics Curriculum Framework
4 Key Considerations in Designing Mathematics Lessons:
- Develop relational understanding.
- Involve students as active learners.
- Provide ample opportunities for success in Mathematics.
- Create an inviting and vibrant environment for learning.
KEY PROGRAMMES 2019
P1 and P2
- Enhanced Learning Support for Mathematics
- MRt @ Yu Neng
- Math Trails
- Koobits Online Portal
P3 and P4
- KooBits Online Portal
- P3 Chess Programme
- P4 E2K Programme
P5 and P6
- P5 Koobits Online Portal
- P5 Calculator Discovery Workshop
- Mathematics Olympiad Training (selected students)
- E2K Programme (selected students)
- P5 Constructing and Flying mathematical Kite Programme
- Mathematics Seminar (All P6 students during June holidays)
MRt @ Yu Neng
MRt @ Yu Neng is a technology-driven pedagogy that engages our digital natives in the lower primary in learning Mathematics. It capitalizes on the use of technology to enhance students’ mathematical thinking to promote the reflective aspect of Mathematics learning as well as promote communication, CoL and SDL.
Through suitably designed tasks, MRt @ Yu Neng involves students’ to interpret, discuss, illustrate, explain and evaluate mathematical ideas and experiences in doing mathematical problem solving.
E2K is a Mathematics enrichment programme for upper primary students who demonstrate interest and ability in Mathematics.
The programme comprises Mathematics curriculum units that are designed to challenge high-ability students and to introduce them to advanced Mathematics concepts and thinking. It aims to foster independence in mathematical thinking skills, as well as nurture other important 21st century competencies such as creative and critical thinking and effective communication skills.
During the E2K sessions, students will be assigned challenging Mathematics problems. They will have opportunities to discover, reason and communicate mathematical ideas and concepts, especially in problem solving (games-based learning).
Learning @ Math Corner
The Mathematics Corner is designed to be an inviting and enriched learning environment to develop passionate learners and creative thinkers. The Mathematics Corner is bustling with activities on every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during both recesses to engage students in brain stimulating games and puzzles, fostering the joy in learning Mathematicsematics and to develop their confidence.